09 April 2013

History

Every genealogist comes to a point where they recognize that genealogical data, although useful, is totally unappealing in its raw form. The data needs to gain a face and a voice through personal historical narrative before people will start to care about it.

My purpose for this blog was to try to create something more story oriented, and it isn't easy. Historical narratives are extremely hard to create until you get off your buns and actually start digging through... well, history.

In a lot of ways, I feel like I'm going back to school for this one.

So if I have to get a crash course in history to make my family history come alive, I know exactly who I need to help me.


 

Thank you John Green!

For the Crash Course videos on U.S. history, click here

For World History, click here